Get inspired by law students, lawyers, former community college students, and undergraduates who are passionate about the law.
Law Student Stories
- Agustin Orozco
- Being the son of Mexican immigrants and taking over the family business had a huge influence on Agustin's decision to apply to law school. Watch him discuss his perspective as a law student, how his experiences helped him in law school, and how he continues to make his family proud.
- Cynthia Valdez
- From ESL to honors English, Cynthia is the first in her family to graduate college. Despite her struggles and fears, she's now studying law so that she can help others with language barriers.
- John Crews
- John is following in the footsteps of his role model, Thurgood Marshall, and pursuing a law degree. Learn how he applied to and chose a law school.
- Patricia Guzman
- Patricia decided to pursue a law degree after her experience helping homeless drug addicts in Puerto Rico. In this video, she speaks about how she selected and applied to law school, her work with the Entertainment Law Legal Assistance Program providing free legal advice to artists, and her interest in a public service career.
- Raoul Mowatt
- In a past career, Raoul was a newspaper reporter and blogger. Now he's back in school and applying his skills toward pursuing a degree in law.
- Samantha Lyons
- Samantha talks about the many activities and groups she is involved with at law school. She also discusses how diversity means more than just her race; it includes her experience working with people from different backgrounds.
- Stephen Jenkins
- For Stephen, applying to law school was a chance to show that his identity is more than just his race. In this video, he gives some advice to aspiring law students on how to have a great law school experience.
- Cristóbal Joshua Alex
- Cristóbal has worked hard to fight for social justice and to defend civil rights since graduating law school. Listen to him describe how the skills and credentials he earned in law school have been invaluable to his career in public policy.
- Lael Echo-Hawk
- Lael shares her journey to help Native Americans maintain their tribal culture and reflects on the choices she made to become a lawyer.
- Sonia Sotomayor
- Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, interviewed in 2001, describes her journey from housing project to federal judge.
- Trey Billips
- Trey has built a successful career working in litigation and believes a career in law provides an ongoing opportunity to learn. Listen to him reflect on his experience as a law student, the important role the Black Law Student Association played for him, and his advice for students considering a law degree.
Community College Stories
- Chanel Rowe
- Chanel started at a community college and encourages minority women to consider law school.
- José Vásquez
- José, a law student who transferred from a community college, offers advice for Latino males considering law school.
- Adam: Poverty
- Meet Adam. He's a 20-year-old Caucasian/African American, and he wants to go to law school to bring a voice to the homeless.
- Avianne: Bankruptcy
- Meet Avianne. She's a 22-year-old African American, and she wants to go to law school to help protect families from financial trouble.
- Ravi: Intellectual Property
- Meet Ravi. He's a 22-year-old Latino/Indian student, and he wants to go to law school to protect artists from having their intellectual property stolen.
- Tamara: Environment
- Meet Tamara. She's a 19-year-old Native American, and she wants to go to law school to become an environmental lawyer.
- Tiffany: Animal Rights
- Meet Tiffany. She's a 19-year-old undergraduate student, and she wants to go to law school to make sure that animals are treated humanely.